The Localization Institute is pleased to restart in-person training and programs after a hiatus due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
A ticket to LocWorld is NOT required to attend these events.
All times listed in CEST
All Global Toolbox sessions will take place at:
bbw Akademie für Betriebswirtschaftliche
Am Schillertheater 2 | 10625 Berlin
If you would like to register for the LocWorld47 Main Conference, please visit the LocWorld47 website.
Seminar Programs – 3.5 Hours – €400 per attendee
Media Localization – how to make your audiovisual content speak to diverse audiences across the globe
- A practical understanding of the different types of media localization and access services as well as their key characteristics and quality indicators
- Insights into how to make audiovisual content in your organisation accessible to diverse populations
- A sample subtitling style guide and a best practices checklist ready to implement in your organisation
Global Content Effectiveness Seminar – €400 per attendee
Monday, July 11 from 9:00am – 12:30pm
Your content is your best sales agent, marketing manager and client service executive. So investing in the design, development, localization and delivery of content is as strategic as sensitive to grow and sustain your business. During this interactive and much anticipated workshop you will learn more about drivers, enablers and challenges of global content effectiveness. You will understand why addressing the various content effectiveness facets matter more than ever when it comes to making or breaking customer experiences, turning content supply chains into experience value chains. As there is no content effectiveness without operational excellence you will also be able to discuss example of operationalization of effectiveness best practices while sharing your own experiences from the business trenches.
This session has been designed for people who are deeply involved in digital globalization, global product and leadership, international marketing and localization operations or who are at the intersection of all these areas. Therefore it is recommended for leaders and practitioners in charge of global content operations both on the supplier and content sides, including – yet not limited to:
- Marketing SVPs, VPs, Directors and Managers
- International Product Leaders
- Operations SVPs, VPs, Directors and Managers
- Localization Directors and Managers
- Content Management Directors, Managers and Owners
- Sales teams
- Content Designers, Developers and Strategists
Regardless of your level and amount of experience you will take away stories, recommendations and solutions that you will be able to implement in your own organization such as:
- Why it is more valuable and actionable to talk about effectiveness rather than quality
- How to turn global content operations from a cost center into a business partner thanks to effectiveness measurement and engagement
- How to define and address all facets of content effectiveness for global and local markets
- How to build a roadmap infusing and embedding effectiveness in product and content localization
- Who should be leading and contributing to global content effectiveness within and outside your organization
- How to operationalize and productionize effectiveness to reflect and drive customer experiences
- Why it matters to consider content effectiveness upfront to create value by making it a competitive advantage and differentiator
- What cost and time effectiveness means for global content effectiveness
Master Classes – Full Day Session – €800 per attendee
Localization Management Master Class
Monday, July 11 Full Day
In the Localization Management Master Class we address principles and techniques to optimize the operation of your localization department as well as your effectiveness within the larger organization. Participants are encouraged to ask questions and to comment, sharing their challenges and experience.
The way localization is integrated into a company is critical to the company’s long term success because most enterprises will generate a large share of their revenue from global markets. A pivotal factor in achieving global success, localization often sneaks in through the back door and never gets the respect it deserves. It ends up being seen as a mere operational unit, a cost center if you will, and is not given the chance to contribute as the strategic asset it really is.
From setting up localization from scratch to repositioning it from a cost center to strategic partner is a complex journey, a journey Karen Combe knows well. For 15 of the 20 years she worked in localization at PTC, Karen had the opportunity to affect company policy and strategy as a Vice President.
For more information about this program please click here.
Machine Translation/AI Round Table – Full Day Session – €700 per attendee
Machine Translation/AI Round Table
Monday, July 11 – Full Day In-Person Round Table + Pre and Post Round Table Virtual Sessions
The inaugural Machine Translation/AI Round Table aims to bring together the localization community who are interested in implementing and opening new frontiers of MT/AI-driven processes in your business, including human resources and other aspects of localization project management. In order to help the participants to better engage in the discussions, LocWorld partners with AMTA (The American Machine Translation Association) to organize a preparation online session before the round table and a follow-up tutorial online session after to fill in the knowledge gaps that the participants will need to explore their MT/AI deployment strategies.
By joining this round table, you will:
- Fill in the knowledge gap for MT/AI implementation
- Develop actionable ideas for deploying your MT/AI solution
- Discuss industry best practices to manage people and MT/AI technologies
- Discover innovative strategies to open new service lines opportunities
- Learn about new frontiers in the MT/AI space
- Make valuable connections with industry peers
For more information about this program please click here.
General Event Information
Please be aware that European Value Added Tax of 19% (VAT) will be added to the cost of each of these session registrations.
Please be aware of visa requirements and make the necessary arrangements.
For further COVID related information, and the latest updates, please visit this location.