Start Any Time
Self Paced Online Learning
Dr. Nitish Singh
Dual Credentials = Dual Advantage
Certificate: From University Of North Carolina Wilmington
Certification: From The Localization Institute
Do you want to become an effective Marketer in this Global Digital Economy?
Earn the world’s 1st Certificate & Certification combining Global Digital Media Marketing & Localization.
- Global Digital Media Marketing (Web/Social Media/Search)
- Content Marketing
- Localizing Digital Media for different countries
- Hyperlocalizing to target micro-segments
- Implementing Global Digital Media Marketing Campaigns
Study online, at your own pace approximately 35-40 Hours of Online and Self-paced training to be completed in 90 days from the date of enrollment (extensions available).
- Dual Recognition: Gain both Industry Certification & University Certificate. UNC-Wilmington consistently ranks on top university listings and was just ranked in the Top 10 on US News & World Reports as one of the Best Public Universities.
- Program Expertise: This certificate was developed by Professor Nitish Singh (Ph.D/MBA) – the David Orthwein Endowed Professor of International Business at the Boeing Institute of International Business at Saint Louis University. Dr. Singh is one of the leading global digital marketing and localization expert, and author of several books in the area of global e-business. The course content combines expertise from leading industry professionals and academia.
- High Educational ROI: An affordable investment of only $1,250 USD (no additional books or purchases needed).
- 6 Modules comprising 32 Lectures + supplemental readings.
- Networking & Job Prospects: Access to our exclusive Web Globalization LinkedIn Group
- Simple Entry Requirements: All you need is the ability to use the Internet and a basic understanding of global business concepts; No prior technical knowledge needed.
- Global draw – popular with learners from over 15 different countries.
Module 1 – Global Digital Marketing
- Global Digital Media Environment : Exploring Cultural, Legal and Logistical Issues
- Global Digital Internationalization: Challenges and Approaches to Succeed
- Global Digital Expansion: Practical Tips on Market Entry
- Platform-Based Internationalization
- Global Digital Marketing Segmentation: Tools and Techniques
- Global CRM Strategies: Marketing Automation and Implementation
Module 2 – Global Social Media
- Global Digital Media Trends: Open Innovation, Social Computing & Others.
- Effectively Using Global Social Media: Tips and Techniques
- Global Social Media Usage & Localization – Insights from Around the World
- Global Social Media Usage Models-1: Creating Dialogue and Facilitating Transactions
- Global Social Media Usage Models-2: Managing Customer mood and reviews online
- Content Marketing Ideas-1: Storytelling & Blog Management
- Content Marketing Approaches-2: Content Marketing via Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest etc.
Module 3 – Global SEO
- Global Search Engine Optimization-1: Leveraging Keywords
- Global Search Engine Optimization -2: Linking, Mobile and Social Media Integration
- Enhancing Searchability of International Sites for Global Search Engines
- Enhancing Searchability of International Site via Global Navigation techniques
- Paid Search Marketing & Measurement – Key Strategies & Concepts
Module 4 – Digital Localization
- Standardizing or Localizing Digital Media – Strategic Insights
- Culture & Global Digital Marketing : Avoiding Blunders related to Symbols, Colors and Values
- Culturally customizing Digital Media Content – A Practical Cultural Customization Tool-kit
- Dilemmas & Strategies for Localizing Digital Media – Finding the Right Strategies
- Writing Content for Global Digital Media – Strategies for Effective Global content Writing
Module 5 – Hyperlocalization
- Making Branding Appealing in Every Country
- Hyperlocalization Part 1: Identifying Micro-Segments Worldwide
- Hyperlocalization Part 2: Hyperlocalization Based on Emerging Ethnic, Gender, and Fluid Identities
- Hyperlocalization Part 3: Hyperlocalization Based on Personality and Collective Identities
Module 6 – Global Content
- Localization Concepts & Foundations: Learn what it entails and how to localize
- Internationalization (118n) Concepts and Foundations: Cost Saving Strategies
- Terminology Management & Translation Memory for Global Content Management
- Localization Workflow Management: Practical Insights for Efficiency Gains
- Localization Projects and Automation Management: Tools and Techniques
Certificate & Certification Assessed On Applied Skills
You will be assessed on demonstration of the skills you learn during the program. Since this first of it’s kind certification is an applied course, traditional exams are not the best approach.
Therefore, you will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Evidence, via online LMS tracking, of each module completion – 30%
- Your participation in the online discussion board – 20%
- One written Assignment in the form of case study or commentary – 50%
Executive Insights From Global Marketing & Localization Experts At:
- Antoine Dubois, VP Communications, Accor
- Andrew Child, International Planning Director, Make Studios Inc
- Bruno Herrmann, Director of Globalization, The Nielsen Company
- Devyani Bhattacharjee, Director of Marketing Localization, SAP
- Eric Ingrand, VP Content Marketing EMEA, Enveritas Group
- Frank Hartkopf, Head of European Content, Axonn Media
- Gary Muddyman , CEO, Oxford Conversis Ltd
- George Chew, Senior Localization Strategies, Amway
- Gleyce Oliviera, Marketing Leader, Petlove.com.Br
- Professor George Yip, China-Europe International Business School
- Dr. Goetz Greve, VP Research & International Affairs, Hamburg School of Business Administration
- Istvan Lengyal, CEO, Kilgray Translation Technologies
- Julio Leal, Head of Localization, Ciena
- Katie Rigby-Brown, Business Development, SDL
- Kevin Carl, Managing Director, Accenture
- Lars Silberbauer Anderson, Global Director of Social Media and Search, Lego
- Leona Frank, Manger EU Brand Strategy and Localization, Vistaprint
- Markus Kramer, Partner, Brand Affairs
- Maurizio De Franciscis , Managing Partner, Braven Prartners
- Michelle Privat Obermeyer, Global Readiness Manager, Microsoft
- Michael Meinhardt, Chief Customer Officer, Cloudwords
- Miguel Bernal-Merino, Professor of Game Localization, Roehampton University
- Nicholas Langeveld, President & CEO, Affectiva
- Nitish Singh, Professor, Boeing Institute, St Louis Univ. & Co-organizer Brand2Global
- Paige Williams, Director of Global Readiness, Microsoft
- Robin Bordoli, GM Consumer Marketing, Marketo
About Your Instructor
Dr. Singh is the David Orthwein Endowed Professor of International Business at the Boeing Institute of International Business at Saint Louis University. Previously he was a Professor at California State University Chico where he headed the localization certification program. He holds Ph.D. in Marketing and International Business from Saint Louis University; MA University of South Wales, UK; and MBA Pune University India.
His educational efforts have been supported by the US Department of Education, Qatar Foundation, CSU, Google, HP, IBM, Microsoft, and other companies. He serves as grant reviewer and has done grant audits for the US Dept. of Education Business International Education grants.
Our Certification program has been taken by students in over 15 different countries. Below you will find select feedback and comments from some of these previous students.