Selling Localization: The Buyers’ Guide
November 17 & 20, 2020
Selling Localization: The Buyers’ Guide Master Class is designed to enhance your current strategic sales model. These critical additions to your current model help LSP sales personnel prepare and position themselves in a unique, more effective way.
The most compelling aspect of this class is the perspective it provides. Other localization sales training is designed and taught by people who have managed sales; people who have never actually purchased what they sell. This course is designed and taught by Tim Arata and Locale Solutions…who were buyers. Drawing on decades of experience assessing proposals and interacting with salespeople, the course offers important tips and tricks that can only be obtained from someone on the client-side. Learn the biggest and most persistent complaint localization buyers have about localization salespeople.
What are your buyers really thinking and what’s driving their decisions? The Localization Institute is proud to offer Selling Localization: The Buyers’ Guide. This class is designed to give you a never-before-seen perspective of the buyer’s own world. Learn what buyers want you to know that will help you sell more efficiently and effectively to them.
Tuesday, November 17 2020, 12pm – 2:30pm EST
This session is primarily dedicated to assessing the buyer. We use this assessment to create a framework from which you can approach each new opportunity. After the completion of session 1, students will be assigned a small homework assignment that should require less than 30 minutes of work in advance of session 2.
Friday, November 20 2020, 12pm – 2:30pm EST
This session is primarily dedicated to understanding the business environment in which you and the buyer are working to finalize the sale. We evaluate the primary buyer’s relationship with other key stakeholders in the company who are part of the sales cycle; help you understand the motivations of the players; and provide practical advice on how to overcome various obstacles and objections.
In addition to the core concepts, we interject ideas and small case-studies in the training to give you new perspectives on buyers and how to interact with them. Our deep experience as buyers influences each module in this training. We end the training with a free-from half-hour question and answer session.
The sessions are designed to be as interactive as possible. The entire curriculum remains rooted in reality, and it partially functions as a “workshop”. As we go through each section, we ask each participant to apply the learnings to a current lead.
What will you take away from this course?
- You’ll approach each sales opportunity with a better understanding of what buyers love and hate about the sales process.
- You’ll understand the two phases of every localization sale, and you’ll gain an appreciation for what influences buyers during both phases.
- You’ll have real-world examples to rely on when considering your individual opportunities and specific challenges.
- You’ll have first-hand knowledge about what buyers know you should know when selling to them and their companies.
Class participation: There is a reason each class is limited to 8 participants and why we’ll all take a (legally unenforceable) NDA oath at the beginning of the class. These elements are incorporated to ensure that everyone has a chance to speak, share, and ask questions in a safe space. The more you actively participate in the class, the more you (and everyone else) will gain from it.
The course is for:
- The class seems to be most effective for people who sell to new clients and who have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in the localization space. The minimum is helpful as it ensures the learner understands all of the class terminology and the greater localization market.
- Deeply experienced salespeople in the localization space find this class useful: it opens up new thinking and poses fresh challenges to preconceived (and potentially stale) notions.
- More experienced salespeople are also able to overlay class learnings directly onto their currently employed strategic sales model.
- Finally, Solutions Architects who are intimately involved with new sales opportunities also benefit from the class.
What the class is NOT: The class is not about how to create a sales pipeline. The class is not a substitute for your current strategic sales model.
All students who complete the Selling Localization: The Buyers’ Guide Master Class will receive an Industry Certificate of Completion from The Localization Institute, Inc.
The first class is sold out! Sign up below to be notified first about the next class.
$599.00 Introductory Price – Ended October 30
$699.00 Regularly Priced
About Your Trainer
Tim Arata is a Partner at Locale Solutions. Here’s some information about him:
Immediately prior to co-founding Locale, Tim worked for eleven years at Apple. He joined Apple six months before the first iPhone was launched. He then spent 1.5 years managing Localization and Content at WhatsApp. As interesting as that is, it’s actually more interesting to understand his passion around this particular topic and course.
Locale Solutions (and Tim in particular) has long been curious about the ubiquitous us/them aspect of the sales process. Tim’s curiosity remained and grew during his 18+ years in localization. Much of the course’s foundation is built upon questions Tim and his partners have been asking buyers, industry peers, corporate departments, and vendors for well over a decade. Starting Locale finally enabled them to put this training together. Tim and his partners consider this course part of their greater mission to build bridges between buyers and suppliers so that a.) the industry moves forward as efficiently as possible, and b.) higher value-add thinking and conversation can supplant mistrust, useless bickering, and continued misunderstandings.