Language Data Round Table: Maximizing Linguistic Assets With Language Data: How Language Factories Drive LLM Deployment
- This round table examines a value-driven and inclusive approach to maximizing the leverage of language data
- Learn to capitalize on your content assets with language data operations
October 10, 2023 from 9:00am – 12:30pm
Registration Fee: $450
Lunch is not included with this session.
10% discount for 3 or more students from the same company – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Enterprises find linguistic goldmines in their localization departments: bilingual content, translation memories, terminology databases, and sometimes even advanced multilingual knowledge systems. These assets are pivotal for the effective deployment of Large Language Models (LLMs). As the digital landscape evolves, LangOps strategies emerge, mirroring DevOps principles but tailored for language.
The need for language data is indeed not new. It has been feeding some applications and platforms as data labels in the past. Yet, artificial intelligence has made language data business critical to generate correct content in one or multiple languages. It poses new challenges to organizations that have been used to manage content mostly based on the transaction and implementation of files for decades. Converting content assets into relevant and clean language data is the most immediate and challenging imperative in AI-enriched content management. On the other hand the increasing importance of language data comes with opportunities to revisit existing content supply chains as well as roles and responsibilities in order to adapt them to new workflows and enable them with technology.
This roundtable will be a unique opportunity to share views, guidance and experiences with language data and language factories. During this interactive session you will learn:
- How to create concrete value and how all functions in the business should be involved
- How to refine and leverage your linguistic treasures, ensuring precise LLM text generation and seamless deployment in today’s fast-paced business world
- Which technology solutions can help you implement and manage language factories effectively.
We will cover best practices and opportunities from two major perspective:
- Readiness – preparing people, processes and technology to leverage language data in your organization, e.g.
- Who should be aware of language data and understand the value it creates?
- Who should own language data and what governance model should be put in place?
- What business processes should be adapted and optimized for a proper use of language data?
- What is the impact of language data on existing systems and what are the technology solutions to leverage language data effectively?
- Effectiveness – ensuring that people, processes and technology create value with language data in your organization, e.g.
- How to plan the adoption of language data in business processes?
- What are the most valuable applications to use language data for?
- What are the options to convert content assets into language data and what are the new roles to be created to achieve this conversion?
- How should language data-driven workflows be implemented?
As this round table will cover a number of localization facets in a short time and in an interactive way, it is designed for leaders and practitioners with 2-5 years of localization experience or more than 5 years of international business experience including – yet not limited to – the following roles:
- Marketing directors and managers
- Communication directors and managers
- International project and program managers
- International business analysts
- International user and customer experience specialists
- E-commerce directors and managers
- Language technology experts
- International sales managers
- Content designers, developers and testers
Participants from any industry and any size of business will be welcome. Multinationals, scaleups and startups can send delegates to attend this course.
We will publish additional advisory board members and speakers for this round table soon so please check back.
Advisory board members:
Location: LocWorld50 Conference Hotel – Doubletree by Hilton, San Jose 2050 Gateway Place, San Jose, CA
The Round Table’s success depends on people being willing to share information and experiences freely. To encourage that, we ask the attendees not to record or republish the sessions. No formal minutes or records are kept, but attendees are free to keep their own notes.