- This event has passed.
Translation Technogies Workshop- EN
Dec 6, 2016 - Dec 10, 2016. Bonn, Germany.
Minimum number of participants: 2 / Maximum number of participants: 5
View Agenda Here
A language engineer handles all the technical details in the translation process:
- Evaluation of files for translatability.
- File preparation (conversions, hiding/unhiding text).
- Setting up the translation memory system (creating filters for different file formats, creating templates for projects, creating lists of abbreviations…).
- Support for users of translation tools when they have questions, issues or receive error messages.
- Working on files after translation (unhiding text, file conversions…)
- Setting up and applying quality control measures in the translation tool.
- Use of regular expressions for searching and quality checking.
And here is a link to a survey, where you can add topic ideas for this course.
Angelika Zerfass, a trainer for translation tools and consultant on TM tools and terminology management has been working freelance since 2000 after a short period at the Japanese embassy in Bonn, Germany and 2 years as training and support specialist at Trados (Germany, Japan, US). She is a regular speaker at localization conferences and also gives lectures at universities. Angelika is located in Bonn, Germany and offers training, consultancy and technical support.