Intensive Translations Technology Workshop Series
These intensive workshops are hosted over the course of one week and focus on technical project management/language engineer skills development. Each full-day workshop can be booked individually, or taken as a group. The certification test at the end of the week is optional; please check the link below for the next offerings.
The individual courses are aimed at people with a good working knowledge of a translation tool and have high-level technical interests such as technical project managers and language engineers.
Language Engineer / Technical Project Manager
Minimum number of participants: 2 / Maximum number of participants: 5
A language engineer handles all the technical details in the translation process:
- Evaluation of files for translatability.
- File preparation (conversions, hiding/unhiding text).
- Setting up the translation memory system (creating filters for different file formats, creating templates for projects, creating lists of abbreviations…).
- Support for users of translation tools when they have questions, issues or receive error messages.
- Working on files after translation (unhiding text, file conversions…)
- Setting up and applying quality control measures in the translation tool.
- Use of regular expressions for searching and quality checking.
Training on SDL Trados Studio and memoQ
Now and then we offer training for small groups in Bonn on Trados and memoQ. If you are a group of users who would like to come to Bonn for a custmoized workshop or if you would like to attend individual training hours with us, please contact us.
To Request Additional Information Please contact:
Seminar Program Manager
The Localization Institute
+1 608 82605001
Angelika Zerfass, a trainer for translation tools and consultant on TM tools and terminology management has been working freelance since 2000 after a short period at the Japanese embassy in Bonn, Germany and 2 years as training and support specialist at Trados (Germany, Japan, US). She is a regular speaker at localization conferences and also gives lectures at universities. Angelika is located in Bonn, Germany and offers training, consultancy and technical support.
In addition to the options listed below – You can contact the program manager listed above to make custom arrangements for your team.